1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small packets of data that are downloaded when you access the website. In general terms, cookies can be used for very varied purposes, such as (for example) recognising you as a user, obtaining information about your browsing habits and personalising the way content is shown to you. The specific uses that we make of cookies are described in the table that follows the next paragraph.
2. Types of Cookies
In function of the organisation, the purpose or the period over which data from cookies is processed, cookies may be:
- In function of the organisation that operates them:
- Own cookies: cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal device from a device or domain managed by the editor from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: cookies sent to the user’s terminal device from a device or domain that is not managed by the editor but by another organisation that processes the data collected through the cookies.
- In function of purpose:
- Necessary cookies: cookies that allow the user to browse the website and make use of the different options and services that there are such as monitoring the transmission and communication of data, carrying out the process of purchasing an order or using security features in the course of navigation.
- Preference cookies: cookies that allow the recording of information for the user to access the service with particular characteristics that may make the user’s experience different to that of other users such as user settings relating to language, the number of results shown following a search, the appearance or content of the service in function of the type of browser through which the user accesses the website and regional settings for the region from which the website is accessed.
- Statistical cookies: cookies that allow the behaviour of users on websites to be monitored and analysed. The information gathered by cookies of this type is used to measure activity on website, applications or platforms and to draw up user navigation profiles to those sites in order to make improvements in function of use data.
- Marketing cookies: cookies that allow effective management of advertising space on the website from which service is provided. They allow the content of advertising to be adjusted so that it is more relevant to the user and so as not to show the user advertising that they have already seen.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: cookies that allow the most efficient posible management of any advertising spaces that the editor may have included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information about the behaviour of users obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits which allows the creation of a specific profile to allow advertising to be shown in response to that profile.
- External social media cookies: cookies that are used to enable users to interact with the content of different social media platforms (such as Facebook) and those third parties use them to carry out behavioural advertising and analysis and monitoring and market research by the third-party owner of the social media platform and for the purposes set out in the legal terms and conditions.
- In function of how long they remain active:
- Session cookies: cookies intended to collect and store data while the user is using the website. They are normally used to store information that only needs to be stored for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and they disappear when the session ends.
- Persistent cookies: cookies on which data remain stored on the device and can be accessed and processed for a defined period by the owner of the cookie that may be from minutes to several years.
3. Types of cookies used by the website and how they are managed
4. How are cookies managed?
The user has the option of allowing, blocking or deleting cookies installed on their device through the following settings menu:
The user also has the option of allowing, blocking or deleting cookies installed on their device by configuring the options of the browser installed on their device. For more information, read the instructions and manuals for your browser to expand on this information:
5. Revisions to the cookies policy
6. Additional Information about the processing of personal data on this website